This guidance is aimed at members of the Room Owner's team, and those invited parties that may have Manage Deal Room Settings or Manage Content in Data Room/Document tabs enabled.
Do you want to save a complex folder structure that you know you'll be using again? It's very easy to do with the Save as Template option.
Please note that templating a tab does not save the uploaded contents - only the structure.
Templates are saved to your user ID, and also to the account that you are a member of, and are always available to you when adding a new tab of the same type. They are a way of efficiently duplicating structure across the same or multiple deal spaces.
Note: when saving a template, make sure that the tab and folder structure have been published (draft items cannot be templated).
Saving a Document tab as a template
- Open your deal space
- Navigate to the required document tab
- Right-click on the document tab heading in the workflow
- Select 'Save as template'
- Enter the name for the template tab and select the folders to be included in the template
- This saves the template against the user's ID and also saves to the account that the user is a member of, which allows other users in that account to use the template when adding a new tab
Creating a new document tab from a template
- Within the deal space click on the plus icon, next to the deal space logo, to add a new tab
- Select 'Document' as the tab type and within the 'Add new tab' window select the previously saved template from the drop down list next to 'Load from template'.
- Here users will be able to see, and select, templates that they have saved themselves as well as templates that have been created by other users in the same account
- Complete the remaining steps to add the new tab
Note: when a tab template has been deployed, all items are in Draft and therefore visible only to members of your own team.
For more detail, see: Creating and deploying tab templates
Do you need further help or guidance? Contact the Help Desk team: email@example.com