This article is for all users of a deal space and outlines the process to view documents with the system watermark applied.
- A watermark is applied to documents when viewed, using the online document viewer, within a deal space.
- Users can upload documents with a watermark already applied, or use the platform to add a watermark when viewed online.
- The Online Viewer is a static tool that applies a watermark image over the file in the deal space, and the save-as-pdf option allows the user to save a copy of that image.
- When documents are viewed within a deal space, this activity is tracked and can be reported on.
- When giving a team Download permission, this activates the bulk export option.
- The system does not apply a watermark to downloaded documents, whether they're downloaded individually or in bulk.
- At this stage the users are downloading a copy of the originally uploaded document.
- The default read-only and watermark permissions forces external parties to use the online viewer, (ensuring document views are tracked and can be reported):
- Where download is a preferable option for accessing files, such as spreadsheets or very large files (e.g. CAD drawings), we recommend either protecting the spreadsheet and/or applying a watermark to the document before uploading to the platform.
If you have any further questions, please email our Help Desk: firstname.lastname@example.org