This article is aimed at all users, who are users of an account, and who are using templates to add new tabs or deal rooms.
User can create templates of tabs, or a deal space if they have administrator or manage deal room settings permissions and if they are a member of an account.
Creating tab templates
- To create a template from a tab, right click on the tab heading and select 'Save as Template'.
- Depending on the tab type, the user then selects what from that tab is to be included in the template - folders from a data room or document tab, task tables from a checklist tab.
- The template is saved against the user id, and also at the account that the user is a member of, for that user to use when re-creating another tab of the same type.
- By saving at the account level this means that other users, in the same account, can access those templates and use them to create new tabs and deal spaces.
- To create a template of a deal room, click on the cog icon on the top right hand corner of the deal room window and select 'Save Room as Template'.
- This option is only available to room administrators and users who have the manage deal room settings advanced user permissions.
- The user can then select what information from the deal room is to be included in the template.
- This template is saved against the user id can can be used when creating another deal room.
Deploying tab templates
- To create a new tab, using a saved template, click on the plus icon within the deal room - with top left hand corner of the deal space or to the right of the workflow tabs.
- Select 'Add new tab'.
- Select the tab type required and within the 'Add new tab' information, users will see a 'Load from template' option'
- Select the required template to create the tab from.
- Here users will see templates that they have created themselves as well as templates created by other users in the same account.
- Select 'Draft' or 'Publish' to create the tab.
- If creating in draft, remember to publish at a later stage when required.
Deploying deal room templates
- To create a deal room from a template click on the plus icon in the global dashboard and select 'Add New Deal Room'.
- Within the 'Create New Deal Room' tab, users will see the option to 'Load From Template'.
- From here, users can select the template previously saved either by themselves or by other users in the same account.
- Please note, when creating a deal room from a template, all items are created in draft mode and so need publishing when ready.
- Please see article 'Items to Publish' bulk publishing tool for guidance on bulk publishing.
If you have any questions about Templates, contact the Help Desk team: email@example.com