This article is aimed at all users using templates to add new tabs or deal spaces.
Users can create templates of tabs, or a deal space if they have administrator or manage deal space settings permissions.
Creating tab templates
- To create a template from a tab, right click on the tab heading and select 'Save as Template'.
- Depending on the tab type, the user then selects what from that tab is to be included in the template - folders from a data room or document tab, task tables from a checklist tab.
- The template is saved against the user id, and also at the account that the user is a member of, for that user to use when re-creating another tab of the same type.
- By saving at the account level this means that other users, in the same account, can access those templates and use them to create new tabs and deal spaces.
- To create a template of a deal space, click on the cog icon on the top right hand corner of the deal space window and select 'Save Room as Template'.
- This option is only available to room administrators and users who have the manage deal room settings co-lead.
- The user can then select what information from the deal space is to be included in the template.
- This template is saved against the user id can can be used when creating another deal space.
Deploying tab templates
- To create a new tab, using a saved template, click on the plus icon within the deal space - with top left hand corner of the deal space or to the right of the workflow tabs.
- Select 'Add new tab'.
- Select the tab type required and within the 'Add new tab' information, users will see a 'Load from template' option'
- Select the required template to create the tab from.
- Here users will see templates that they have created themselves as well as templates created by other users in the same account.
- Select 'Draft' or 'Publish' to create the tab.
- If creating in draft, remember to publish at a later stage when required.
Deploying deal room templates
- To create a deal room from a template click on the plus icon in the global dashboard and select 'Add New Deal Room'.
- Within the 'Create New Deal Room' tab, users will see the option to 'Load From Template'.
- From here, users can select the template previously saved either by themselves or by other users in the same account.
- Please note, when creating a deal room from a template, all items are created in draft mode and so need publishing when ready.
- Please see article 'Items to Publish' bulk publishing tool for guidance on bulk publishing.
If you have any questions about Templates, contact the Help Desk team: firstname.lastname@example.org